A kind rebuttal to all the articles we see on Facebook about Mom-ing.
This delicious, easy, and fun milkshake will make you feel like SuperMom!
If you have little one's, or have ever been to Disney (um, it should be disclosed that in our home we fully support Disney lovers of all ages!) chances are you are excited to watch the Disneyland 60th Anniversary Special tonight (February 21st, 2016) on ABC.
Because I'm not a huge fan of letting Q sit like a lump and watch TV, I am always looking for a way to make shows more interactive. It is no secret that she's itching to make her first trek to Disney, so watching the parade tonight should be extra exciting for her.
To keep her mind engaged and active, we will be using this awesome Scavenger Hunt Printable while watching the parade! It features more than 25 well known and loved Disney characters to search for.
Here are a few variations on the Scavenger Hunt you could try:
- Cover each character with a small candy. Find the beau or belle and eat the prize!
- Name each show or movie the character starred in when they appear during the parade.
- Offer a special surprise or dessert for the child who finds all the characters first.
- If you have competitive kids that will be watching, use a stopwatch to time who can find the character the fastest. Have them flip their Scavenger Hunt page over (blank side up) before the time starts to keep it fair.
Get your FREE Printable Disney Scavenger Hunt by filling out the form below.
(Don't worry, we will keep your email address guarded with lock and key.)
Don't forget to check your local listing to see what time the TV Special begins in your area tonight!
Maddie | Fete Box Founder
Red Velvet Popcorn RecipeRed Velvet Cake Batter Popcorn: The Easiest (and most delicious!) Valentine's Snack EVER!
Valentine's always comes and goes in a flash. Like us, you're probably searching for a last-minute, quick, easy, snack that is made from items already in your pantry. This recipe is FAST to make , and tastes insanely delicious------not kidding. We've yet to meet anyone that didn't love the taste of cake batter! You can use any type of cake mix that you have on hand, allowing you to really tailor this recipe for any occasion. Keep reading to see how to make this delicious popcorn....
- 1-½ cup Melted Almond Bark Or White Chocolate (follow package instructions for melting)
- ¼ cups Vegetable Shortening
- 1-½ cup Red Velvet Cake Mix (any flavor you have will do)
- 6 cups Popcorn (popped, bag-popped will work here as well)
¼ cups Sprinkles
Melt the almond bark/chocolate in the microwave according to package instructions. Once melted, add the vegetable shortening to the almond bark/chocolate and stir until it is melted as well. Then add the cake mix to the almond bark/chocolate and stir until completely mixed. Pour the coating onto the popcorn and coat evenly. Pour the popcorn in one layer onto cookie sheets to cool/harden. Sprinkle immediately with your choice of sprinkles. To expedite this process I sometimes pop the cookie sheets into the fridge or freezer for a quick blast. Wait until fully hardened and enjoy!
Happy Valentine's Day!
This recipe was adapted from my favorite Cake Batter Popcorn recipe by Pioneer Woman.